Maha M. El-Sayed, BDS, DMD, MS
“My daily personal and professional goal is to positively impact someone’s dental, oral, general health, smile esthetics and life. I strive to excel in everything I do, starting from treatment of my fellow human-beings with respect and dignity and ending with the smallest, most intricate details of everyday dentistry.”
Dr. Maha El-Sayed was born and raised in the beautiful Mediterranean city of Alexandria, Egypt. At the age of 18, she followed in her late father’s footsteps and started her dental education, graduating from Alexandria University, Faculty of Dentistry in 1993 with a BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery & Medicine) degree. Thereafter, she completed a required 12-month General Practice Residency at the Faculties of Dentistry, Alexandria and Cairo Universities.
In 1995, she moved to the United States of America and immediately began to pursue a dental career. After working in the dental field and taking her written board examinations, she was accepted into several competitive advanced admissions dental programs, of which she chose the prestigious University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, where she earned her second dental degree (DMD). While at Penn, Dr. El-Sayed was class president and graduated at the top of her class.
She then pursued her passion for prosthodontic dentistry and completed a specialty program in prosthodontics at Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Dentistry, which culminated with her receiving her Certificate in Prosthodontics and a Master of Science Degree in Dentistry (MS). While at VCU, Dr. El-Sayed served as Chief Resident and taught laboratory and clinical dentistry. Upon graduation, she joined the VCU staff as an adjunct faculty member until her move to Georgia in 2004.
Since she moved to Atlanta, Dr. El-Sayed has been working with a world-renowned multi-specialty dental team. She comes to Alpharetta with a wealth of knowledge and clinical experience in treating a wide range of restorative, esthetic and prosthodontic-needs patients.
She speaks four languages, including Arabic, German, English and French.
Areas of Expertise
- Esthetic Dentistry: bleaching, composite bonding and porcelain veneers
- Fixed, Removable and Implant Prosthodontics: inlays, crowns and bridges
- Partial and Complete Dentures
- Implant Crowns, Bridges and Implant Overdentures
- Management of TMJ Disorders
- Full-Mouth Reconstruction
- Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning and Execution
- Sleep Apnea Appliance Therapy
Awards and Memberships
- American Board of Prosthodontics eligible
- American College of Prosthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Hinman Dental Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honor Dental Society, University of Pennsylvania
- Pass International Dentist Award, University of Pennsylvania